The DownEast Country Dance Festival
Directions to the Orion PAC
The Orion Performing Arts Center (website) at Mount Ararat Middle School is located at 58 Republic Ave (off Canam Street) in Topsham, Maine. Click here for a printable map with directions or see below for detailed instructions.
(Note: The Orion PAC venue has worked well for us - with an actual sprung floor in the gym! Please help us continue to be welcome by keeping things clean, and following all instructions about access (or non-access) and street-shoe storage. Please be sure to bring soft-soled, non-street shoes to preserve this wonderful floor!)
The signs for Mount Ararat Middle School and the Orion Performing Arts Center on Route 201 can be easy to miss, but the turn to the school/OPAC complex is marked by a flashing yellow light. The sign looks like this:
To the Orion PAC from the south:
- Take I-95 (Maine Turnpike) North to Exit 44 (South Portland - I-295)
(to avoid the toll you can go to Exit 45 instead, then take the second exit ramp to I-295 - you save 50 cents and it only takes an extra minute or so)
- From I- 295 take exit 31 - (Topsham)
- *Turn right at the end of the ramp onto Route 196 East.
- **Take 196 East to the fifth set of lights.
- Turn left onto Route 201 North (Route 201 is also Main Street) past Mt Ararat High School and go just a little further until you see the yellow DECDF sign.
- Turn right.
- Go to the first intersection.
- Turn left into the parking lot of the Mount Ararat Middle School.
To the Orion PAC from the north:
- Take I-95 South to Exit 103 (I-295)
- Take I-295 South to exit 31A - (Topsham)
- Follow directions from the South at the *.
To the Orion PAC from coastal Maine
- Take Route 1 to Route 196 West toward Topsham.
- Take 196 to Route 201 North.
- Turn right onto Route 201 North.
- Take the second entrance into the Mount Ararat school complex.
- The Middle School is on the left.
To the Orion PAC from the west:
- Take Route 196 East toward Topsham.
- Cross I-295.
- Follow directions from the South at the **.
Directions to the Bowdoinham Town Hall:
- Take I-295 to exit 37 - Bowdoin-Bowdoinham
- Head east off the ramp onto Route 125/138, stay on 125 into town
- Turn right onto School St.
- The town hall is the white building at the top of the hill
The Comfort Inn in Brunswick (199 Pleasant St.) is offering a discounted rate for Festival attendees. Let them know that you're attending the DownEast Country Dance Festival to get the discount.
You can also connect with local dancers on our Facebook page.