When you donate to DEFFA, you join a community of musicians, dancers, and others who value the preservation of a long tradition of folk music and dance in Maine. We invite you to contribute to our mission – to preserve our unique and lively heritage – the living traditions of folk music and dance in Maine.
Your donation will go to support our community by helping us:
- Keep people informed about what’s happening in dance and music around the state via an online calendar and a monthly newsletter (in both online and print form)
- Maintain an online map of regular events in Maine [under construction]
- Provide a Maine performer directory
- Support scholarships to traditional dance/music camps
- Serve as a fiscal sponsor for individuals pursuing grants
- Sponsor special music and dance events
And of course, helping to produce our annual DownEast Country Dance Festival. This weekend long celebration has been running for over 30 years – an event that brings all of Maine together.
A donation of any size confers membership in DEFFA, but $20 or more includes an optional one-year subscription to the printed version of the monthly newsletter. All members are eligible to receive the online newsletter and are invited to the annual meeting where the past year’s activities are reviewed, new board members are approved, and any new projects are presented.
Your support – whether you are a dancer, musician, or singer – makes the community strong!
(NOTE: during the pandemic the newsletter has been in hiatus. Current memberships will be extended once the newsletter is being published again.)